|The light from the lighthouse was originally from a lit fire, which burned for the majority of the year.
When all the nearby trees were taken then they had to go further to get trees for the fire.
1805. they planted the towers oil lamps,in 1859 light reflectors.
Lighthouse crew had 7 members and one member always had to watch the fire...
Electricity didn't come until 1940.
- Hand painted & Handmade -