|A teacher named Ferdinand Gottlieb Tannenberg was the establisher of Aleksander's lutherian estonian community and the church in 1879. The building ground was given as a gift by a estate owner named Gerog V. Kramer, it was engineered by Otto Pius V. Hippius and the building costs were payed by Kreenholm's Manufactury owner named baron Ludwig V. Knoop.
The church got its name for the memory of czar Aleksander II, who was murdered in 1881 by terrorists.
The church is the biggest in Estonia, it was hallowed in May 28th in 1884.
- Hand painted & Handmade -